The Lioni featured recipe: Mozzarella Caprese Towers
This Summer season create this traditional combination of creamy fresh mozzarella with layers of colorful heirloom tomatoes, basil sprigs and a drizzle of olive oil!
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, stems attached
- 4 Lioni Ovoline mozzarella balls
- 1 cup store-bought pesto sauce
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- Slice each tomato and each Ovoline crosswise into 4 thick slices. (Each tower will use one whole tomato and one whole Ovoline.)
- Place bottom tomato slice on serving plate; top with a slice of cheese and a tablespoonful of pesto. Repeat layering, 2 more times, ending with stem end of tomato. Repeat with remaining tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto.
- Drizzle plate with pesto and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Lioni Recipe Archive